2015 Historic Odessa Brewfest
Tickets are still available for annual Odessa craft beer festival
Tickets are now on sale for the 2015 Historic Odessa Brewfest which will be held on Saturday, Sept. 12, from noon to 6 p.m. in Odessa.
This year, the event will take place on the grounds of the 246-year-old Wilson-Warner House, one of the finest Georgian homes in Delaware.
More than 40 local, regional and national craft brewers, including Dogfish Head, 16 Mile, 3rd Wave, Mispillion, Old Dominion, Oskar Blues, Lagunitas, and New Belgium, will set up shop at the event.
A VIP tasting will be held from noon to 2 p.m., followed by general admission from 2 to 6 p.m.
Last September, the inaugural Historic Odessa Brewfest attracted more than 1,400 beer lovers. The festival, presented by the Historic Odessa Foundation and Cantwell’s Tavern, returns this year with even more of the finest regional and national craft breweries, local gourmet food, live music, and artisans.
All proceeds from the event benefit the preservation and education efforts of the Historic Odessa Foundation.
This year’s all-Delaware, live musical entertainment line-up will be presented on two stages, and includes returning reggae evangelists Spokey Speaky, the contemporary country stylings of The Hung Jury, acoustic jazz and blues artist Bruce Anthony, and acoustic modern rock musician Bob Stretch.
Colonial re-enactor, Rich Wagner, will be on hand once again to demonstrate the colonial brewing process from start to finish. In full period dress, Wagner, will make beer on site using historically accurate methods and materials—copper kettles, wooden barrels, hops and grains.
The 2015 Odessa Brewfest includes:
- Farm-fresh local food and refreshments provided by Cantwell’s Tavern and the Roaming Raven food truck.
- Fromage a Cheese Boutique from Middletown, a Best Of Delaware 2014 winner, offering plates of cheeses paired with different styles of beer.
- Hy-Point Dairy, family owned in Delaware since 1919, offering ice cream in a variety of delicious flavors.
- Fine kitchenware from Paul Schiffelbein Woodworking and beer bottle crafts from Bottle Slumpers.
- Guy & Lady Barrel Cigars offering premium cigars from the Dominican Republic.
- Fairview Farms homemade jams and jellies.
The presenting sponsor for the second annual Odessa Brewfest is Wilmington Trust. Event sponsors include Main Line Today and Delaware Today, Dover Rent All Tents & Events, SFG –Stecher Financial Group, National HVAC Service, and Universal Mortgage and Finance, Inc.